I thought that seeing as I had taken so much inspiration from it, I would submit my own wedding in the hopes of being published on said cute site, and getting some promo out there for my great photographer. However, after submitting as per the site requirements, I have heard NOTHING which means they are NOT going to put my wedding up.
Well poo to them. Sure, I didn't make my own dress out of a coathanger and a shoe, and my bonbonierre wasn't hand-knitted using vintage fabric my grandmother wore to the inauguration of the Queen - but my wedding was still, in my biased opinion, a blogabble occasion.
So, in the spirit of "Stuff you, Stuff!" I am going to declare my cool vintageyness myself:
1. I, and my wedding designer colleagues, namely delia, have successfully decorated not one but TWO weddings using 100 YEAR OLD MEDICAL GAUZE. That has to be in all-caps because I am shouting at you BECAUSE ITS AWESOME. Apparently medical gauze that your grandma had stuffed in her back shed from the war years makes for a quite whimsical, off-white flowing decor that just perfectly hangs in folds and pleats. It also goes very well with ivy that you pulled off someone's back fence.
2. My dedicated friend sewed together 30 METRES OF BUNTING made out of random material.
3. My now husband, then fiancee, SCREENPRINTED all of our invites. Admittedly at the time this was a painful process for me, but it actually received more compliments than the prettiness of my dress. It also stood us in good stead with our designer friends, branding us 'folky,' 'indie,' 'talented,' 'progressive,' 'regressive' and 'rad, man'. This has given me good leverage at parties, especially those that have people with square glasses, tight jeans and asymmetrical haircuts.
4. And finally:



1 comment:
You totally forgot the awesome bonbonerie we totally made form scratch (Abby and Tim mostly) but a lovely combined effort in the heat of Melbourne's summer.
Post a Comment