Monday, November 15
3 days till the Month of Vege
The countdown is on. MONTH O' VEGE approaches!
For a few reasons, my husband and I are going to eat vegetarian for one month. Okay, well fishatarian. We thought in the lead up to Christmas it would be a good idea to detox... also we want to be really healthy... also, its cheap-ish.
But the MAIN reason is because we want to CHALLENGE ourselves to try new and exciting recipes!
There are a few rules for the month of veg.:
1. New recipes all the time, well, MOST of the time.
2. Fish is allowed. Sea creatures in general are allowed.
3. We will not be those people who say 'no sorry, i'm a vegetarian' when out to dinner at someone house. If it is offered, we will accept gratefully.
4. If I nearly pass out from tiredness, I will chomp a steak. Sorry moocow, you're my dinner.
I foresee some problems:
I am the person with a badge that says "Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder."
One of my favourite smells is bacon frying in the morning.
My uncle once said of me "You're just a carnivore, aren't you? What is that, your FOURTH chop today?"
Overall though I am looking forward to eggplant, mushroom, chickpeas, spinach and all things green and great. I will keep you posted on how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment