It has reignited my hope in short stories. Both stories, Otherwise Pandemonium and Not a Star hang together well, balanced and poised. I am torn between giving you the synopsis and thus stealing away the joy of suprise for you if you want to read it, and going on a blustering play-by-play call of the synopsis and outcomes. It will be suffice to say that both stories have something to do with a video tape, something to do with sex (not in a gross weird way, in a quirky funny make you laugh way) and lots to with coming to terms with unexpected situations. You must buy, borrow, steal and read.
Because of Nick Hornby's writing finesse, I am much excited about Friday's album release of:
It's a collaboration between Hornby and Ben Folds - Hornby has written all the lyrics and folds has put it to boppy Benny piano music.
The new background, BTW, is in celebration of the start of spring. Picnics, bike rides and playgrounds!


1 comment:
Yay! Spring!
Yay! I heart Nick Hornby.
Yay! I must read the book I lent you when I get it back :)
Post a Comment