Monday, March 24

Pseudonyms

I find pseudonyms on the Internet funny. Aqua, for example, calls me Basil in her blog and my boy SnakeBalls. What is funny is that her dog's name is Basil, so for all we could read, her dog and some testicles of an amphibian are dancing at her house and playing Pictionary. Hahaha.

I guess it's mostly important to conceal identity - especially now I am going into teaching. I dont really want my kiddies to search me up on Google and find that I was playing a strange Christian variety of Strip Pictionary on Easter Sunday night whilst drinking Merlot. Probably not going to go down well in the staffroom or aid my professional identity.

I am writing my first essay of the year, and its been quite a few months since I last wrote an essay. I must say, I'm quite rusty. Only 1000 words should take me no time at all.

Anyway, Tobes went surfing last night with Sair and some crew. I don't know how to surf. I don't have very good balance standing with two feet on the ground, so try to imagine me on the water! I do enjoy the beach and boogie boarding, so maybe I can convince Aqua to relearn how to surf with me sometime, but to do it in a sneaky way so we can get kinda good. Problem is, I dont have the time.

I went out for Pizza instead with Big K which was fun. We stopped off at the Horse House - one of the sharehouses of our uni mates - and ate leftover Easter choccy and watched an awesome storm roll through. I haven't seen rain like that since San Fransisco. Bok lent me her gumboots to walk home in and I chatted all the way back under two umbrellas with Big K. He was grumpy because he doesnt like be outside in the rain but I was having a great time, especially laughing at his expense.

Watching the lightning made me miss the boy and my own crew. Cool things aren't as cool without your homies.

2 comments:

delia said...

I heart you.

Remember watching the lightning storm roll in at 80KC? That was great that time.

Aqua said...

You're freakin' hilarious. You're on camp atm and I'm hoping you're not all freezing, wet and miserable. See you when you get back!