Tuesday, June 1

A little jumping off point...

The problem with not blogging in over three months is that when you finally do, there is all this PRESSURE to write something everyone will have waited expectantly for.  I don't aim to disappoint, but I fear I will.


So, I got married, went on honeymoon and am now pregnant.


Okay, the last bit is a lie, but I thought that my small blog following of close friends may get a little bit of shock at the last bit. So, yes, I now resort to shock tactics to keep my readership.  Deal with it.


Despite my saying that at my wedding I would never, never, ever have bonbonierre, I did.  Yes, I got into an argument with two friends which got me to the point of tears about how stupid I think those gifts are and how I swore never to have them, but I did.


I enlisted girls (and Tim) to make these!:





They are bags with Gypsophilia seeds in them.  They were cute.  I cannot take the creative genius for them, I employ other people to do that.  I have planted some in a pot in the backyard and am happy to announce that life has formed!  Three little seedlings have sprouted and are battling their way through the Melbourne chill.

I recently admitted to the world that even though I appreciate craft and love it, I fear I am not crafty.  But boy, I do get my kicks from seeing other people being talented and then taking advantage of it!

Have no fear - while I caved on the bonbonierre, I did NOT have a ridiculous cake.  

4 comments:

Aqua said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aqua said...

So.....I was one of the two who you argued with....and I still feel a little guilty - but with a side of giggle - but really the bonbonerie were delightful so it all worked out ok.

PS, I too fear that I lack in the arty/crafty department, but rarely lament this fact, as I am surroundd by ridiculously talented people who can be creative for me, should the occasion arise!

Dejin said...

Oh, I did get a small thrill when I read your lie of pregnancy. It is a pity I read so quickly, or that Delia was not beside me when I read it. The moment could have stre-e-e-e-etched a little. Never mind. A thrill is a thrill.

delia said...

I nearly laughed out loud at work because of your 'I'm pregnant' crack.

In a few years, it'll be the memories of these moments that make you smile and shake your head and be grateful that it's all over and the real-life-joy of working on something that matters (being married)

And the little white flowers in your backyard.