Saturday, September 13

Pet hates

I am currently rapidly adding to my list of pet hates.

You may already know that I hate:
1. The birthday song. Nobody can sing it, so it sounds terrible all the time. And in my hood, its a excuse for stupid people to sing it badly for about 20 minutes of 'for she's a jolly good fellow' and steal all the glory from the birthday person.

Although recently I have included:
1. Used teabags in the sink. Honestly, its not that hard to squeeze the teabag, walk two steps and put it in the bin. Instead, my family insist on leaving teabags sitting on the kitchen sink to sag and get gross for someone else (read: me) to come along and pick them up later. Yuck.

2. Franklin's new ear phone piece for his mobile. It constantly hangs around his neck, which is good for Franklin because he's a heavy mobile user (HMU). I understand why he does it, but for some reason it just gets to me. I think because it sits in his ear even when he's not on the phone and then i dont know whether i can talk to him or not because i dont know if he's on the phone.
PLUS. It flashes blue, and i get easily distracted by flashy things. PLUS, its not THAT HARD to just answer the phone and hold it to your ear! Don't tell Franklin.

3. Wedding cakes. They are dumb. You pay about $400 for a cake that people glimpse at briefly and never again - they are too busy admiring the happy couple or getting drunk and boogie-ing. How do you spell that? Anyway its a stupid tradition, cutting the cake together. What does it even mean?

4. Cake cutting in general is just dumb.

5. This is the ultimate pet hate of the moment: Dogs with stumpy tails. ERRRRRGGH! It actually makes me angry inside. They look so UGLY. So stumpy!!

That's my vent for the day.

3 comments:

Enthusiastic Hack said...

I had a dog with a stumpy tail (ala Seinfeld...I had a pony). It is true though, remember Betty boo. she got it stuck in a rabbit trap

delia said...

You're funny! How do you propose we EAT cake - if it's not cut up? And don't say just eat the whole cake cause that's ridiculous.

PS. I wont tell Franklin :)

Unknown said...

I think Franklin's ear thing is stupid too! The flashing blue just makes me want to smash it! It's probably very 'ergo' for him though; reduced RSI risk or something.

I'm not a fan of 'wedding' cake either. But I am a fan of cake....birthday anyone? Admin day? New flower been discovered today? Any excuse for cake - good cake.