Tuesday, July 22

Those deadly scissors

I hate my haircut.
Well, maybe not HATE. But I don't like it. I've decided. It's taken me a while to decide what I think of it, but yesterday I came to the conclusion that - well - I just DON'T like it at all.

I've spent the majority of my time since getting it cut wishing it was back and asking God to grow it back quicker. I've also spent a lot of time convincing myself I don't look butch or like a lesbian. I've spent a lot of time convincing myself that other people don't secretly think this when they say "It ROCKS!", etc.
I know all of these are irrational thoughts, but I dont think that a haircut should ever make someone feel like they have to convince themselves, no matter what the situation.

Anyway. Now I am in the process of growing it out and trying to feel good about myself. I wear it with confidence but secretly I am insecure. Typical girl, maybe.

It also takes ages to get right in the morning, because it sticks out funny or looks a bit too BLAH. So instead of being an easy, carefree, funky hairdo it's become a burden.

I know that hair isn't everything, but mostly I just want to look and feel pretty. Everyone wants that. And people can say "ohhh you do! you do!" but unless you actually feel it yourself it doesn't really count for that much.

In the meantime I will just wait and wait and wait for it to grow again and hope that my boyfriend doesn't mind it this short either.

No comments: